Saturday, January 22, 2011

SYTYC: Week Three Revealed

Week 3 came to an end last night and I lived to see another week. This week I had a little bit more of a cushion between me and last place. Projects geared toward kids appear to be the most popular and well since I don't have kids crafting for them really isn't on my mind. Anyway here is my project since I can reveal it now...

The Cozy Clutch

This is a project I've had in the back of my head for a while and of course all the supplies for too! When I saw there was a 'cozy' theme I knew I had better get started! This project combines two of my favorite crafty hobbies - crocheting and sewing! I'm calling this the 'Cozy Clutch'.


The finished size is is roughly 6x10. I've sewn in some sturdy plastic sheets hidden between layers of the interior fabric to make the clutch durable.


As you can see there is plenty of room for the basics in the main compartment and a small pocket for anything you'd like to keep separate. A magnetic snap keeps everything securely inside.


One of these weeks I am hopefully going to have time to make one where I iron out some of the minor mistakes I made in creating this first clutch. Then if all goes well I will finally list something in my etsy shop and we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Dang! I guessed right again! Whoo hoo! Can't wait to see what's next!

Kendall said...

i saw this on SYTYC and absolutely LOVED it. and i totally agree that the winning projects are more or less always geared towards kids, which is kind of lame for those of us who are kid-less! however, i love your projects! will you post a tutorial of this one, pretty please?!

Kelly said...

This is so cute! Great use of Lucy's pattern - thinking outside of the box!