Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sewing: Dress FormS

FINISHED








I finished this a few weeks ago but just got around to taking pictures this afternoon. I made my own dress form. But I can’t take all the credit, a big thank you goes to my best good friend, Sara Miller. You know you have a good friend when you ask her to wrap you in duct tape and without hesitation she says, “Yes!” Then after she is done she begs you to wrap her in duct tape. Yes, I was kind enough to return the favor.


I wish we would have taken some photos of the process. Basically, I put an old shirt on, she wrapped me in duct tape and then very carefully cut me out of it. I stuffed the inside with newspaper and stuffing. I was lucky enough to discover an old floor lamp, with a super sturdy base, in the basement laundry room at my apartment (there is all sorts of discarded crap lying around down there) and I attached it to my duct tape self and there you have it. A dress form made to my exact measurements for the cost of four rolls of hot pink duct tape (Duck brand - it was made for breast cancer awareness).

No comments: