Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quilting: Quilting Bee/The Stitchin' Bee

WORK IN PROGRESS




I got my fabric in the mail for my second Quilting Bee Group, The Stitchin' Bee. This package arrived from Florida! It is for Kelly’s Dysfunctional Family Fun Quilt, as she titled it. She is making a beach quilt for her family. It will feature fussy cut comic strip scenes, each person in the bee got a different one. I can make any type of block I wish as long as it incorporates the comic strip and it is 12x12 finished. Which as I learned in my other quilting bee really means 12.5x12.5. Which I knew, but being new to quilting bees and quilting itself... enough excuses... I goofed! The fabric looks like fun, I think I got a great comic scene and I can’t wait to get started! I even got a piece of fabric in my package that is the same print as the quilt I am currently working on for myself. The pink on pink polka dots to the right of the comic strip fabric.

No comments: