Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snowy Day Fabric Purchases

Maybe you heard but Chicago got a little tiny bit of snow last Tuesday and well it sort of ruined my birthday plans and made for a not so happy birthday girl. Which is why we have Fabric Therapy and boy was it an expensive session. But it made for a much happier person the next morning...


I started my day (just before the snow began) at my favorite place... The Needle Shop...

                                      

Followed by an online visit to fabricworm because I decided that I deserved that half yard cut collection of Anna Marie Horner's Folksy Flannel... and of course more birthday bad news... it was sold out!!! Which in the end was good news. I decided that I'd much rather get the warmer tones in the collection because it will make a quit that is more my style.




I was only able to get 5 of the 6 prints I liked from fabricworm (all 1 yard cuts). Because I really wanted Diamond Mine in yellow which was sold out I headed to my pal google and had him find it for me. He lead me to a place I'd never visited before... Banberry Place. I found what I was looking for and then some. It seemed that they had a number of things that I'd had my eye on but are sold out just about everywhere else so I couldn't pass them up. Oh and free shipping on purchases over $100 (not that I would know or anything...) Ok so enough rambling I'll show you the goods.


Also until last week I had yet to start fabric collections, but now that I've caught the swapping bug and fallen hard for certain prints... I'm becoming a collector. My first collection is going to be Henna Garden by Sandi Henderson besides the three pictured above I have melon and a fq of turquoise I acquired in a swap earlier today. I also think I might try to collect all the FFA2 prints as I already have a number of them. Hmm maybe I'll just stop with what I have.

Ok since I ordered these last week it doesn't count as breaking my fabric diet this week. Hopefully I can get back on track and make some pretty things!

No comments: