Friday, September 17, 2010

Upcoming Projects

Works In Progress

I haven't shown you anything I've been working on in a while. I really want to get both of these projects done asap so maybe if I post them I'll get to it!!!

First up, I really need a new lap top bag. My old one is falling apart (I carry it everyday) and it is just plain black so with my newly found appreciation for fabric that makes it suddenly boring! I finally have all the pieces I need to get going - including the perfect fabric!!! I hope it comes together well.

Someone get that dog out of the shot! No Lucky that isn't going to be a new dog bed.

I found some amazing laminated (!!!) Etsuko Furuya at The Needle Shop here in Chicago. It was a little pricey but it is a Japanese import fabric and laminated so it never had a shot at not being pricey. It will be totally worth it if this bag comes together like the picture in my head. The only problems I am foreseeing is one, pinning the pattern to this fabric... won't it leave holes in the plastic? I'll have to figure something out. Maybe I'll just tape it. The other problem is that I've never sewn a lap top bag, but I am familiar with patterns so hopefully this won't be problem.

My other new project is fixing up a house!!! I have to paint the outside, plant flower boxes, put up new wall paper, fix the floors, make some quilts, make some curtains, reupholster chairs and couches, make pillows and rugs... the list goes on!

Ok so it is just a doll house for my niece, Laurel. A friend of my mom's gave it to her, but it is need of some serious updating. Having a huge doll house taking up space in my tiny apartment should be all the motivation I need to get it done. But I have lots of ideas, that had best be appreciated by the four-year old receiving it! Maybe there will be a no touching the doll house rule.






But wait the most exciting part is that she is getting her first sewing machine!!!!


Ok I better get to work!!




No comments: