Friday, January 22, 2010

Sewing: Dog Coats


I feel like posting something I’ve actually finished. I made these dog coats for Peanut and Lucky in the late fall of ’09. The coats seem to be doing the job of keeping these shorthair pups a little bit warm on cold days. I used an old coat of mine that was made from a waterproof material and a fuzzy blanket to create these. I just made it up as I went along there is was no pattern, or my own pattern I guess you could say. The existing pockets of the coat made for cute little pouches where you can stash a poop bag on the back of the newly designed coats. I also worked the existing belt of the coat and belt loop into the new dog coat design. I originally used velcro as a fastener both on the neck and under the stomach, but have replaced them for snaps to help the coats stay on better. I embroidered Peanut’s with of course a peanut and Lucky’s with a clover. And I just realized how bad it looks see the word ‘finished’ over those very sweet doggy faces, but I think I’ll leave it anyway. No animals were harmed during the making of this blahg post.

No comments: